September 07, 2008

Inside-Outside


It is inspiring to realize in choosing our response to circumstance, we powerfully affect our circustance. When we change one part of chemical formula, we change the nature of the results. Proactive people focus their efforts in the Circle of Influence. They work on the things they can do something about. The nature of their energy is positive, enlarging and magnifying, causing the Circle of Influence to Increase.

Reactive people on the other hand, focus their efforts in the circle of concern. They focus on the weakness of other people, the problems in the environment, and circumstances over which they have no control. Their focus results in blaming and accusing attitudes, reactive language, and increased feelings of victimization" The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R Covey.

So it depends on me, to choose my own response to this whole Sarawak thingy. I have to focus my mind, to plan well, to work there, to enjoy living there. It is me to choose how should I response with the circle of influence. I can't do anything to change my whereabout posting, I can't even fight with the truth that in Sarawak, dentists are very few! So I have to really enjoy myself there, I really have to serve the people there, I really have to spread the beauty of Islam there. If I choose to sit in this grieving period forever, then I have to accept the consequences there, I wiil be so stressful then I will start blaming KKM or SPA again and again. So what's for? I am going to be a proactive person. And I am going to obey with His decision. Do pray for me :)

Seeru 'ala barakatillah


No comments: