February 03, 2008

I am QUITTING friendster

Assalamualaikum wbt

I've been thinking hard lately: what did I do when I got free time? Friendster, emel, YM, al-ahkam.net, saifulislam.com, palestinkini.info, zaharuddin.net. What else? I realized I spent about one to two hour daily (minimum is 15 minutes) for friendster. The Islamic website,I only spent about 1 hour (so divided by four, it only takes about 15min each).

I remembered in the DayAfter, we will be asked, what did you do when you are young, from where you gain your wealth and where do you spent them,did you practice your knowledge, and what did you do during your life? What will be my answer? "OO Lord I spent my times for friendster, that connects me with millions people"

I think very hard of this matter, I think I should quit friendster. Oh dear, you are not lateral thinking. With friendster, you can convey our deen's to our friends. You can also build the silaturrahim with your long lost friends. Yeah, I've to admit that I met most of my schoolmates by friendster. Yeah, sometimes, I did post beneficial articles in the bulletin. Yeah, I met my non Muslim friends that at least, it is an opputinity for me to convey the beuty of Islam. That sounds so ideal, isn't it?

The truth are: I made hundred of friends, but I did not even contact them, not even an "Assalamualaikum", instead of knowing that our Prophet SAW said that by giving salaam, the bond of love will be tighten. I went to friends' page, then I said, "Oho this is the boyfriend of hers, and this is the girlfriend of his", and I did not even doing amar ma'ruf, nahi munkar part.
"By the declining day, Lo! man is a state of loss, Save those who believe and do good works, and exhort one another to truth and exhort one another to endurance. " 103:1-3

I might be even asking a friend " "How are you friend", but it is sooo seasonal. My friends might know the updates of myself, and so do I about my friends, by uploading pictures of mine or theirs, but the issue to be higlighted here is "Should a Moslem women be exposed?" And one more thing for sure,

The suu'dzon (sangka buruk)is always inside my heart when I saw something that is not right in my friends page.
"O ye who believe! Shun much suspicion; for lo! some suspicion is a crime. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you love to eat the flesh of his dead brother ? Ye abhor that (so abhor the other)! And keep your duty (to Allah). Lo! Allah is Relenting, Merciful"49:12

Hmm, not to forget, that with this friendster, 'dosa mata' is A LOT! In the Al Quran, it has been mentioned, "Tell the believing men that they shall subdue their eyes (and not stare at the women), and to maintain their chastity. This is purer for them. GOD is fully Cognizant of everything they do.And tell the believing women to subdue their eyes, and maintain their chastity. They shall not reveal any parts of their bodies, except that which is necessary. They shall cover their chests, and shall not relax this code in the presence of other than their husbands, their fathers, the fathers of their husbands, their sons, the sons of their husbands, their brothers, the sons of their brothers, the sons of their sisters, other women, the male servants or employees whose sexual drive has been nullified, or the children who have not reached puberty. They shall not strike their feet when they walk in order to shake and reveal certain details of their bodies. All of you shall repent to GOD, O you believers, that you may succeed "24:30-31

I have been thinking hard. But yet, I haven't made my final decision. And then I found this article "Kempen Menjauhi Friendster-Setuju atau tidak". Aha, a very beneficial article.

So, dear sahabat, sahabiah, should I or should I not? Sorry fot the 'jumble up' English. My mom said my English is getting worse. So I really hope to improve my English. It is not because of my mom's sake. But for a da'awah purpose LILLAHI TAALA, insya Allah. There are so many beloved ikhwah wa akhawat and also a very dear friends out there who can understand English better than any other languages.

That's all for now
Fi amanillah. With lots and luv. May Allah shower us with His blessings, here and the Dayafter.Insya Allah.Assalamualaikum wbt.

No comments: